Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Good Day, Yet A Weary One

These Maumee Valley students are used to three hour naps. They stay up doing their homework. They go to sleep at 4:30 AM. Then, they walk into school with a Starbucks coffee in hand and dark circles of death in their eyes.

Fortunately and unfortunately, I cannot live a lifestyle like that. After school, I go to track practice, come back for dinner, and do my homework. I know it's a boring schedule, but I like my sleep. Maybe I can manage it  only because I've only been in a tug-o-war with the Maumee curriculum for a little over a week. The real students have been doing it since Septemember. Some have given up and accepted their fate that lies in the mud. But the strong ones are those who keep their coarse grip,letting their hands blister and bloody until the judgement day of June 4

I wish I had continued to play piano. The high school students had an recital today and I loathed the fact that I wasn't good at any instrument. The numbers of them surprised me. I saw classmates-- who I would never think would involve themselves in anything musical-- up on that very stage. I wanted to be on that stage right with them,

Two days until Prom. I can't find a date. It's either I'm rejecting people or somebody already has a date. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment