Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Party for One...But A Dance For All

On Friday May 9, the Dayal House dorm parents threw a party for a guy named Eric, the dorm's first and only senior to graduate this year. It's a pretty big deal, considering that the Dayal House has only been around two years and a majority of its residents are underclassmen.

We invited a former dorm parent, who left the House to devote some time with his kids, to dj the party. Accompanied by his wife, who is also a former dorm parent, the DJ got the seemingly stale crowd up and moving, something you could not believe until you saw it with your own eyes.

Of course, knowing me, I decided to bless the dance floor with my stylish moves. I didn't know many of the songs played because they were either a mix of house party music or korean music, none of which is often played in New Jersey. Regardless of the sounds, I improvised.

Honestly, this was really one of the best times I've had this year. Even with corny music and horrible dancing, spending time with friends just makes everything better.

Side Note: Today was also Open Gym, which is a day where students participate in 5v5 basketball tournaments. I realized how average I was at basketball today. But it had a familiar taste to it, akin to the Shanley Saints ( the de facto name to the basketball culture of the Shanley Gym at Saint Benedict's).

No comments:

Post a Comment