Sunday, May 10, 2015

We're Gonna Have Us A Champagne Jam

Long lines. Hot weather. Overpriced goods. No, I'm not talking about your favorite tourist spots in New York City or the midnight iPhone release dates, I'm talking about the all too-familiar amusement parks spread across the state, where you take your partner and kids for a fun time and family bonding. But specifically, Maumee Valley has decided to bless the Dayal House with a full day trip to Cedar Point, dubbed  'The Roller Coaster Capital of The World'.

Except that it wasn't a blessing, it was more subtle version of " Here, Johnny go buy yourself some ice-cream and go to the playground while us adults have some fun". Maumee Valley had to kick us off the property because they were holding an auction which included alcohol. Fair reason, but to send us to Ceder Point on their crowd-packed opening day? Merciless. I know I'm over-exaggerating because I did have fun!

I'm not an adrenaline junky--I never was. I wasn't as excited to go on rides nor did I agree with the justification of most of the rides' long lines. I'm the type of person who would only go to an amusement park on a Tuesday, where it is quiet and the wait for the rides are ephemeral. But anyway, I took the roller-coasters with a stoic attitude. I never exactly desired to wait an hour-and-a-half in 90 degree weather only to go 120 miles per hour up a 420 feet tower of steel. I never did. But I did it anyway. What else was there to do. I forgot to mention that we had to depart for Ceder Point at 8 am and return to the house by midnight!

I got to know some people better. One of the kids in the house, Kyrie, really loves basketball and based his English name off of star point guard Kyrie Irving.

Pictured is Ben Wang, Eric Wang, and I

No comments:

Post a Comment