Friday, May 8, 2015

How do Maumee Valley Students Get Sleep?

I've infiltrated the Maumee Valley Country Day School curriculum for the past two days now. The mission is bearable, but tedious. With all their work is piling up, why do these students take up so much coursework? They might as well take on school as a full-time 18 hour job, akin to the farmers in the old country. Although teachers assign a plethora of work, the classes are actually really interactive. From solving hard-to-do-why-would-anyone-do-this kind of equations with the whole class to acting out Macbeth in front of the class, learning new things was a fun experience.  I think I've learned a full month's worth of material already.

I'm having trouble finding a prom date. I won't talk too specifically about it, but the girl I met yesterday has been giving me mixed signs. And I have to pick by Sunday. What a struggle.

I have resided in Dayal house for less than 72 hours, but I feel like I've been here for months. I feel like I can bond with whoever I talk to. The four house parents are really friendly and supportive!

I am having trouble with my hair though. Apparently, all of these international students have never heard of an Afro pick. Talk about culture shock. They were really helpful in helping me study for the World History Subject Test that I have to take next month though. I guess it's only natural that they would know their Asian history.

It looks I'm in luck. I had no idea how I was going to get a tuxedo for prom next week, but Head of School Gary Boehm came to the rescue. He is going to let me borrow one of his!


Gary Boehm's office looks so cool. Goals for the future/


No comments:

Post a Comment