Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Words 'Farewell' Become Redefined

As soon as I stepped onto the pavement of Maumee Valley Country Day School , I knew I was going to miss this place.

I would have never thought that in a house of 27 international strangers that I would get so close to all of them in such a short period of time. It sounds like all I do is lament right?

I spent my final hours reminiscing of the time spent and the time wasted. On Sunday night, I spent most of my time outside, pocketing whatever scenery I could before I would leave at dawn. I sat on the bleached wooden round table, lamenting the fact that I would soon leave this place. I came here for a nice experience--a nice experience which I certainly had.

I had journeyed to the bottom of the sea. Now fascinated with all the exotic creatures I had never seen, I found myself entangled. I was running out of air, yet I did not want to swim back up. The surface world was not for me. So I stayed for as long as I could, trying to hold my breath as long as I could. I fell unconscious and I slowly drifted back to the surface. I woke up back on the land I once belonged and now seemed far gone, but I did not feel at home anymore. Now I think of the sea all the time, thinking when our fated meeting would occur once again.

--
I'm thinking about posting the video on here, but I don't want to before I present it to my school. But I do want the students of Maumee Valley to see it.
--
I did not go to sleep before my flight. I stood up all night on Skype, talking to a person, one who I would dearly miss.

I had exchanged some parting words with my roommate---too few. After everything is over, everyone wishes they could have more time. My conversation on Skype kept my roommate up. But he wasn't angered and he stood up with us.

Soon, light pierced through the windows......


No comments:

Post a Comment