Monday, May 11, 2015

An Unvaried 11th of May


Today was monotonous. Nothing really happened. So today, I'll tell you guys some other things that don't concern my trip. After I got back from the basketball court, my mom called me and told me some good news. I got a 4.0 for the winter semester! I had taken the following finals for the following classes the week before I left Ohio: Latin IV, College Guidance, Religious Instruction, Pre-Calculus, and News Production 2. I am glad, but at the same time I am dissatisfied. I feel like Maumee Valley is on a higher level then what I've been doing for the past three years.

My mom also told me of the Willing Hear Community Care Center Scholarship, which I infer to be closed.

Speaking of scholarships, a few days before I left for Ohio, I was notified that I won the Questbridge scholarship. Now, I didn't get any money, I got some other stuff. But for the real banger, I have to apply a second time in September. I really want to go to Dartmouth, so I have my eyes set on it. My friend Grace is helping me study for the SAT Math I subject test that I have to take on June 6, along with the Latin and World History test. Grace had gotten high scores on the Physics, Math II, and Chemistry tests back in China when she was only 14! She could go straight to college if she wanted to!

Meanwhile, back in New Jersey, I am missing a lot of things. The Scholarship Gala that I was supposed to attend this Thursday will occur without my presence sadly. I am also missing the induction ceremony of the National Honor Society (which I hold the office of PRESIDENT). I am also missing the Benedict News dinner. I miss my highly coveted staff. And I kind of miss Mrs.Connolly's incessant scolding.

No comments:

Post a Comment